Who We Are and What We Do
Close Focus Research (CFR) is an American Service company with over 30 years of experience in the field of Ballistic Science. We are strictly a Service based business offering Ballistic Testing Services associated with Product Qualification.
Our typical Customers are Military and Commercial Product Manufacturers. We also perform testing for end users of Bullet Resistant Products.
What We Don’t Do
We do not manufacture or sell Bullet Resistant products.
We strive in maintaining the highest Integrity in the business. CFR’s Ballistic Services are kept strictly confidential. Customer information including all designs and test results are never shared with other customers or third parties without explicit permission.
Customer References and Testimonials
To view some of our references and Customer Testimonials, visit the following page: Customer References and Testimonials.
Close Focus Research Personnel
Our Engineering and Testing Staff has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Ballistics Engineering - Interior, Exterior, and Terminal Ballistics
- Transparent & Opaque Armor and Forced Entry Products
- Firearms and Projectile Products
- Materials Engineering
- Resin, Fiber, Ceramic, & Metal Matrix Composites
- Computer Science
- Web Programming and Site Development
- Software Application Development
- Photography and Media Development
In order to apply for any Technical position at Close focus Research, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
• A Bachelors of Science degree in Ballistics, Mechanical, or Materials Engineering
• An extensive background in Weapon Systems and Cartridges
• Extensive knowledge in Internal Ballistics, External Ballistics, and or Terminal Ballistics
• Technical knowledge in the areas of Transparent & Opaque Armor
• Excellent computer skills
To apply for a position, send your cover letter and resume to the Business Development email address on the Contact page.
No open positions are available at this time.